Saturday, March 1, 2008

didn't happen

Good job Charles for your hard work. Well folks we gave it a good shot. A heartfelt and sincere thanks to all the "millions...and millions" of fans of the Common Man Syndrome blog and what I bring to the table.

Theres absolutely no regrets, certainly some disappointment in not making the team. There is two more spots but I am up in the air over whether I will apply. Not because of anything else than my Ironman is about 40 days away and this last contest took a lot of energy and sleep from me. I don't think I can be true to myself and my goals if the next apllication process is as long or intensive. I am a right fit for the team but my commitment to my race must be my priority.

11 comments:

curly su said...

I'm really sorry; I was rooting for you!

Wendy said...

I'm sorry too. But as usual Comm's, you quite right, you must focus on your priorities. And we'll be here cheering you on no matter what you decide!

Fe-lady said...

So sorry Commodore...I was really hoping it would have been you to be chosen! (damn)

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Count me as one of your biggest fans -- and a loyal voter. You'll know what is right when the next rounds are announced. Let your instincts guide you. Maybe take a moment to take a look (again) at your own submission and remind yourself of all of the good things you HAVE done for the sport already. We're lucky to have you!

21stCenturyMom said...

Shoot! I wanted you to be on that team. We did give it a good go. I hope the other 2 contests are not as taxing as this one and you will feel like trying again.

bunnygirl said...

Bummer. I voted early and often, too! But it's huge that you got as far as you did, so take pride in that! You touch a lot of people!

Nikemom said...

Focus on your priorities and make your own team. You have a great blog and sound like a real cool person.

tri-on

Wil said...

This next contest won't be as grueling Com, you are a great fit for the team and a great fit for anything lucky enough to have you. I really hope you'll be able to throw your hat back in there :) As always, you're an inspiration for me.

Bigun said...

Hey, dude! You and me, mano-eeee-mano for the next slot. I hear it's "arm-wrestling" for the next contest. Evotri's going to have thier own mini-Festivus with feats of strength! After the arm wrestling, we have to push Taconite Boys' mini van (I mean, the TacMobile!) from his house to the repair shop...The last slot goes to the person who can inflate a Ironman Blow-Up on lung power alone. Should be fun, as long as we can keep Bolder and Wil off it...

The Big Cheese said...

BULLSHIT!!! Ask anyone. You were the guy for that team!!!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Comms, that's a serious bummer, I know you really threw yourself into it. I thought you were great - I'd vote for you again!