Friday, November 9, 2007

Test day

Mistress was able to move up my neurology appointment to this morning. She is not sure if this is just a meet & greet or the whole day of testing I am supposed to do.

I do feel better this morning. Of course I haven't left the house yet so we will see how the driving in rush hour goes. Lucky me I get to follow it all the way downtown and the snowbirds are back clogging the roads. Whether its my head or the other drivers, I swear people are swerving into my lane trying to merge where I am at and swerving back at the last minute when they see a car driving there.

This week has been an obvious bust in training. The swimming and running have been going great its the cycling that is concerning me. I have my first event next week and its a 109 mile bike. I am supposed to get 90 in this weekend and it would surely build my confidence after this week but in speaking with training mentors I am only shooting for 50 miles or 3 hours riding total. Hard to say how the workout is going to go at that point.

Will probably post later tonight when I get home from the doctors.

7 comments:

Spokane Al said...

I will be hoping that the poking, prodding, testing, questioning and analyzing will go well and that you are back on your way to once again staying vertical (except when swimming of course).

Also, please be nice to those lost snowbirds - I hope to be one someday.

Wendy said...

Best of luck today! I'll be thinking of you.

(And what Al said about snowbirds.)

Tri-Angle said...

I'll be a wing man on Saturday if you wantto do the Crismon/Ellsworth loop.
A.

momo said...

not only are the snowbirds bad, but why does it seem like they're tearing up every major road in town right now?

Brent Buckner said...

Hope all's A-OK and you're fit for some good weekend training!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

is it possible to do a combination -- some road and some trainer riding? just to be safe?

I share your agony. I've been sick for most of the week. Sick enough not to train, but not too sick to go to work. It's horrifying - I feel like I'm in the Common Man zone...

Fe-lady said...

Thinking of you...snowbirds are here too, in conjunction with U of A students. Yipes, and I wonder why I want to stay home all weekend!