Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Adding Injury to Injury

I wrote a pretty personal post last night about dealing with head injury's. Then this morning while my bike was leaned up against a wall, I leaned over it and hit my forehead really hard against the edge of a wrought iron candle display hanging higher up the wall.

It knocked me on my ass but I didn't pass out. Mistress was there to help me. I made it to work OK but still feel a little woozy and nauseous, my eyes are a bit unfocused (I've had to increase the font size and screen % so far today). After a quick ten minute meeting, I had to go outside and throw up a couple times.

I don't think I have another concussion. I think I just rung my bell really hard....wait one...

...I just got up to go to the locker room to see if I have a mark on my forehead and realized I can't walk straight without focusing on the lines in the tile. Left to my own gait, I veer right. I did a couple of laps up and down in my hallway and every time no matter where I started walking, I veered right.

I think this is going to be very short day. And I have another call to Mistress to make.

Update 10:18: Mistress called the neurologist to confer my symptoms. She is now coming to take me to the ER.

18 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Ouch. Sure does *read* as though you're concussed. Good to get on that.

Nancy Toby said...

Jeez, Comm, STOP HURTING YOURSELF! Hope all is well as I type this....

Kona Shelley said...

Good grief...let us know how you are..i'm worried!!!

Bolder said...

thinking of my brothah.

Nytro said...

dude... i expect a call when you get home. nay... I DEMAND IT.

we're worried.

Bigun said...

oh crap...hang in there big guy! We are thinking of ya!

Laurie said...

Oh Comm. Sending thoughts of healing your way.

stronger said...

Easy on that head of yours! Hope it all checks out well.

bunnygirl said...

Wow, I hope everything's okay! I say sue the candle-holder!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Hope your okay. Take care.

21stCenturyMom said...

OH NO! Make sure we get an update ASAP.

Flatman said...

Praying for ya man. Let us know as soon as you can...

Tom said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

LBTEPA said...

Oh no. We are praying that all is well Comms and Mistress.

Spokane Al said...

My thoughts are with you buddy.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

dude - don't you hate it when you are your own worst enemy? there's nobody to yell at, nobody to swear at...

ouch - take care of yourself and keep us posted (the royal us)

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

dude - don't you hate it when you are your own worst enemy? there's nobody to yell at, nobody to swear at...

ouch - take care of yourself and keep us posted (the royal us)

Brian W said...

that hole in the wall? Oh, that's just where the candle holder went after I hit my head on it.

Take care of yourself