Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Swimmingly

Had a great swim yesterday. I worked off a speed set workout and was quite surprised that the T-Pace that I established almost four months ago (2:06 per 100 yds) is no longer applicable.

While I was consistently swimming 1:53 x 100yds yesterday, I have moved my T-Pace to 2:00 to ensure that I don't rush my strokes. At 2:00 per 100 yds. that puts me at 85 minutes per Iron-swim which is under my 90 minute deadline. With several months to go, I am hoping I can continue to improve and drop time.

Today I celebrate that my fastest 100 yard pool swim is 10% faster than earlier this year. Today I celebrate that I have lowered my T-Pace by 5% for training.

To celebrate I will run 8 miles today. Turns out in ten days I have a marathon to run and haven't run since my head injury two weeks ago. Oops. If everything goes well today then I will run 16 miles on Friday. I have never tapered for a marathon this way and certainly don't recommend it. But I have a big base in my running and this is another supported training run, not mentally a race for me which takes some of the pressure off.

Happy Thanksgiving! I give thanks to all of you who have meant so much to me this year.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Tremendous improvement in your swim pace Comm's!! Congratulations.

Here's hoping you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

momo said...

happy thanksgiving, comm!

Flo said...

That's an awesome increase in your swimming. Happy Turkey Day!!!

Bill said...

Wonderful news on the T-pace. I need to get back in the water and see where I stand.

Definitely an interesting taper you have there. No, not the time off due to the injury, but the 8 miles today, 16 miles Friday to get ready for the marathon next week. I'd definitely feel that 16-miler during the marathon.

Good luck with it all!

Laurie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Comm!

LBTEPA said...

That is a great improvement - congratulations :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you