Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Head Injury update

Just got released from the hospital. I have about five minutes before Mistress gets home with my pain killers and she won't let me use the pc when she gets home.

I am concussed. The CT scan came back good, so no bleeding or cracked skull. Failed the motor skills and verbal tests though. I have some moments I will share later that may make you laugh or think I am a really screwed up dude. But I hear self-deprecating humor is big right now.

This concussion makes it an unofficial bakers dozen (13) by my counts. Funny how all this really just piled up from the routines needing help to the neurologist to the 'reverse headache' yesterday and now this.

I was talking to Jeff, my training partner, and his son who is a high school quarterback probably gets six or seven hits a game that are harder than the one I gave myself today. It goes to show just how progressive multiple concussions to the head and other TBI's can affect a person.

I'm going to lay down now. Thanks so much for the kind comments earlier.

No comments: