Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Head Injury update

Just got released from the hospital. I have about five minutes before Mistress gets home with my pain killers and she won't let me use the pc when she gets home.

I am concussed. The CT scan came back good, so no bleeding or cracked skull. Failed the motor skills and verbal tests though. I have some moments I will share later that may make you laugh or think I am a really screwed up dude. But I hear self-deprecating humor is big right now.

This concussion makes it an unofficial bakers dozen (13) by my counts. Funny how all this really just piled up from the routines needing help to the neurologist to the 'reverse headache' yesterday and now this.

I was talking to Jeff, my training partner, and his son who is a high school quarterback probably gets six or seven hits a game that are harder than the one I gave myself today. It goes to show just how progressive multiple concussions to the head and other TBI's can affect a person.

I'm going to lay down now. Thanks so much for the kind comments earlier.

14 comments:

Bigun said...

whew...hope you are ok in the mornining...

Laurie said...

Thanks for the update. Take care, Comm.

Bolder said...

good news

Papa Tweet said...

So glad to hear you are OK Comms. When I walked in the door this evening, you were the very first thing Nytro told me about. Luckily, by that time, she knew your status and that you were OK. Take good care of yourself. You are important to a lot of people.

LBTEPA said...

Thank goodness.
Take care mate

tarheeltri said...

Take care buddy. Thinking of you.

Wendy said...

Feel better fast ... and please don't push it until you do!

Brent Buckner said...

You know what they say:
"Big heart, soft head"

They do say that, don't they?
If not, then they should!

Glad prognosis is good!

Tri-Angle said...

Feet up
Rest easy bud

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

wow. you somehow make that sound less scary than I'm sure it is - the brain is a fragile beast, and you can't grow a new one. So be careful with it. I like this one. p

Nytro said...

just so you know that the requisite: "dude... you're the only former marine i know that could get a concussion from a candle", is coming your way.

glad you're okay.

The Big Cheese said...

I was worried about you. Get some rest and get better.

Nancy Toby said...

How are you doing today, Comm? Just checking in, throw us a bone or something to let us know you're still there and everything, okay?

Di said...

Please follow Mistress' advice. (except when needing to let us know you are ok) ;)

After this, I'll be surprised if she doesn't put you on lock down for a little while!! ;)

XOXO
Di