Monday, November 5, 2007

Noodle

Strong training over the weekend; on Saturday and Sunday I bike 50 miles, ran 8, swam 1.

Congrats to those I know who completed Ironman Florida. From all accounts the weather gods shined favor on the course.

The El Tour de Tucson is in two weeks. Looking forward to this 109 mile ride with friends. My ride over the weekend was supposed to be 80 miles. Not a big deal...except I was doing it on my road bike sans aero bars.

All my levels were 5x5. RPM was high, HR was low, nutrition was spot on. RPE was good, but...

...no aero bars freaking smoked my arms. My triceps were toasted. Still toasted. I called Mistress to tell her I was coming home early and my I couldn't hold my phone to my ear it was shaking so badly.

Just goes to show. Just when you think your doing great, you get humbled.

1 comment:

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

aha - I knew those triceps were useful!