Monday, November 12, 2007

Follibles and Fixes

Its been a catch up day today. Finally getting up above the water line on missed work from last week. I have finally started to interact with the staff again and most knew of my concussion and were interested in my progress. In a couple of funny moments today; I looked over at the woman I share an office with to ask her a question, I stared at her for a several seconds and she asked me, "Your looking at me funny, do you want something?" I replied, "I can't remember your name." Then we both started laughing. A bit later I walked by one of the women administrators and said, "You look tired." Based on the look she gave me, I am guessing she wasn't.

I did ride yesterday. I left the house early to take my time driving to the meet up. Stopped off to get a cup of coffee at a gas station. As I left I almost drove straight into a gas pump. Lucky for me I swerved just in time.

Mistress didn't want me riding alone, for good reason, but everyone is in off season mode so it was hard to get any takers. I managed one buddy for one loop of 25 miles but I needed 50 at least. So I drove home to do the last half of the ride on the trainer after I did the grocery shopping with Mo. Instead I fell asleep for three hours when I got back from the store. Shocked the sh*t outta me as do not take naps. Shocked Mistress too. Needless to say I didn't ride.

With my first event of the year coming up this weekend, the 109 mile El Tour de Tucson cycling event, I am working a modest schedule of single day workouts and focusing on cycling to get my strength and flexibility back up on the bike.

4 comments:

LBTEPA said...

You are such a worry mate. Take care especially driving

Bigun said...

I was a bit worried about you...figured you'd catch up sooner or later - glad you are mixing it up with the real world again! We'll be century riding togeather - me here, and you there...how romantic is that?!?!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

naps are a sign...that you need a nap!

glad you're still with it - and still screwing with everybody.

Brent Buckner said...

Glad you're back out there, spreading the...
...well the whatever it is that you spread!