Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Still Here

Hi ya'll. (Crap I watched way to much E! Channel Britney Spears coverage yesterday). I am still here and know who I am. All positive news. I am moving a bit slow today, but otherwise fine. Skipped the 16 mile run scheduled for 5:30 this morning. Hope everyone is okay with that.

Dad picked me up to take me to work as my car was still there. We made a stop at Bass Pro Shop and Cracker Barrel. Had never eaten there and had biscuits and gravy for the first time in about a decade. The doctor said to take it easy for the next couple days so I am going the way of the Common Man.

On a lighter note about my concussion yesterday, I would like to give you some examples of how it affected me.

I left my house key in the lock when I left the house in the morning. Mistress found it later in the day. Whew.

I think I have mentioned in the past that head injuries make you susceptible to suggestion; well after several hours of tv in my exam room I had a overwhelming desire to eat pizza and popcorn for dinner after seeing multiple commercials for those products all day long.

I had bouts of amnesia during the ER visit. They would ask me a question, "did you throw up" and I would answer "yes". Then I would turn around and ask them how they knew that I had thrown up and they would tell me they just asked me.

I kept answering "yes" to questions, so Mistress asked if she could pull up the carpet and lay wood flooring. I said, "yes", not even realizing what she asked me. She felt guilty and told me about it later.

Well those were 'funny' to me. I can't live like I would never get a hit to the melon again and be in constant fear. Careful, yes. I just didn't think that my next concussion would be self induced. Bike accident, car accident, accidental rough housing all likely candidates. Hitting my head on a hanging candle holder, not so much on the list. I just didn't have the court awareness I should have.

That'll happen. Thanks again for all your support out there. It has been a great comfort to me.


14 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Be careful Comm. Watching Britney Spears and being susceptible to suggestion could have some pretty serious consequences.

Hope your doing better!! Take Care!!

tri-mama said...

At some point we'll have to compare head trauma notes....at least I give my kids something they can make fun of down the road when they are adults. :-) Glad you are on the mend, and training up a storm.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

just don't watch QVC or you'll get into big trouble.

Di said...

Comm- heart skip - thankfulness - and relief are all of the things Bigun and I felt for you. So so thankful you are doing better today. Watch out for rogue candle holders.

Di

momo said...

much relief over in this part of the city.

get better, we need to ride!

21stCenturyMom said...

I'm so glad you are okay!

I'd like to suggest you rip up the carpet and install hardwood. If I were mistress I would have taken you up on that 'yes' response - no guilt. :-)

stronger said...

If you veered right for 16 miles of running where would that have put you???

Spokane Al said...

Comm, be careful with your issue on suggestions (send me your tri bike). You may (send me your tri bike) end up doing things that (send me your tri bike) you were not intending (send me your tri bike) to do.

bunnygirl said...

Sounds like I missed my window of opportunity to hit you up for a loan!

Take care of yourself!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Buddy - I hope you are okay.
Take care; I'll see you in January...
xoxoxo
Jenny

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Comm,

Read this outloud about 100 times...

"Send TriBoomer $20... Send TriBoomer $20"

I'll be waiting by my mailbox, now.

Stay tuned...

LBTEPA said...

that's good news.
Take care.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

I hope you are feeling better VERY soon!

1HappyAthlete said...

Glad you ok...make sure you stay away from late night infomercials for a few weeks :)