Thursday, March 31, 2005

My phone booth

When your married for many years you come to realize as a husband, its not your house. Oh, it may be your home and you may pay the mortgage but your space is in the garage or the desk with all the bills on it. The rest of the house is all for the wife and kids.

Now, dont tell anyone but I have secretly been using the guest bathroom to store my morning training clothes. After years of using pen lights and tiptoeing through the master bedroom looking for the right shoes or pants, I just put it all in the guest bathroom and then do everything in there. Mistress Carol even mentioned that I am quieter in the morning.

My new phone booth is complete with towel racks for drying out sweaty clothes, hooks for hanging camelbacks and head lamps, it even has an accountablity mirror so I can see how little progress I have made in muscle tone (okay I promised myself I would stop putting myself down). Hey it even comes with a multi-purpose seat!

So what do you use as your phone booth ala Superman's changing place?

Or what is the most unique way you stash your gear around the house based on either having lots of space or having none? (for example-I once stored dining room chairs by hanging them from the ceiling in the storage room)

3 comments:

Wil said...

Add a refrigerator and a TV and you never have to leave!

White Salamander said...

heh, I have a similar set up. Living in 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment right now so I have basically commendeered the second bathroom. This is where I do most of my workout wardrobe arrangements and is also what I consider to be my "Reading Room".

White Salamander said...

heh, I have a similar set up. Living in 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment right now so I have basically commendeered the second bathroom. This is where I do most of my workout wardrobe arrangements and is also what I consider to be my "Reading Room".