Saturday, March 12, 2005

Day before race jitters

I have no intention of setting speed records tomorrow but I do intend to run the Valley of the Sun 1/2 marathon. I really actually forgot about it until last week and finally decided that I had enough base and good feelings to finish the half and enjoy the experience.

Murphys Law. Once I decided to run it my next run is a mess. I changed to go for a run Friday and got stuck helping one of my district managers with a task, missed that day too. Today I put in a simple 1/2 mile with 2 miles of mountain biking and feel better.

The day before a race, either for fun or placement, has me mixed with emotions. Gone is all the confidence and its replaced by aching body parts and hopefulness. Am I eating right? Enough? Too much? Will my stomach cooperate?

As much as the thinking gets in the way I just want it to be here.

1 comment:

Flabbyironman said...

If you didn't have jitters you wouldn't be human. The good thing is that you can recognize them for what they are. The KEY thing is that once you know what they are, you focus them to make some use out of them. God gave you the body, you've gotten the miles in that you've needed to get in and even though you think you might not be ready, you probably are.

I'll be anxious to hear how it went. I'm getting ready to head out on a mountain bike ride, but I'll be sure to check in later.