Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A Confederacy of Geeks

I have been inducted into the blog Tri-Geek Dreams as a permanent member, by the big Kahuna himself, Tri-Geek Kahuna. It is a really nice gesture on his part and he really has one of the best blog sites I have ever seen. Not to mention the absolute best on triathletes. Along with myself, Flabbyironman has also been added. He has a smart and humorous blog here.
Check him out.

Not only will I post my own original blogs at Common Man Syndrome, as normal, but I now take on the mantel of "Phoenix Area Cub Reporter for Triathlons and Triathletes" at TGD. When you read about Tri Geek Kahuna's training partners you will understand why I must now be a reporter as well. However unlike his trainnig partner Playboy Joel, I have a face made for blogging and body made for pain.

In my short blogging life, I have made some discoveries. One is that it is catharsus to put your thoughts and feelings online for all to read. Two, feedback is not the primary reason for blogging but is a confirmation of your thoughts. Reading blogs is slightly voyeuristic but its clean fun and can be educational- your not as strange as you think!

I speak for all bloggers in beseeching all viewers, be them blogger or surfer, to leave a comment to let the teller know they are understood.

4 comments:

Wil said...

Very much agree - it's also nice to find a little community of people who get what you're talking about - kind of like a "team." Congrats again on being added to the Kahuna's!

Flabbyironman said...

I second the congratulation and need to make mention of the honor on FlabbyIronman as well. I've just been lazy or working, take your pick. heh

White Salamander said...

Excellent!

I am trinewbie in the Scottsdale are and have just begun training. I haven't selected anything to be my first race yet , but I am working on it.

Anyways, I look forward to an excellent triblog in my Metro area

Russ said...

I agree with your blogging discoveries. It is true while comments are not the reason we blog, they do make it much mroe enjoyable.

Keep up the good work!