Saturday, January 10, 2009

A proper respect to rest day

As sort of a 'welcome back,' a half dozen of my closest training partners had a play off get together. Plus the wives wanted one more shot at Mistress before the baby comes. We had a great time, and the game was just amazing for Phoenix fans.

Congratulations to the Phoenix Cardinals who beat the favored team and are now the home team for the NFC Championship game next weekend.

I took today off to recover properly from three days of what I would consider moderate training. Well I would consider it absolutely easy training except my idea of moderate and hard training are completely skewed for my current condition.

Tomorrow is meeting for a ride in a fairly swank desert community. It will be hilly for sure but I have promised to be careful and mindful. I am only doing 2o miles while the rest are doing 40 or 60. I plan on bringing up the rear and they promise to circle back. I promise to stop at the top of hills and lower my HR to normal levels before moving again.

Welcome to fun.

No comments: