Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Hills are alive with the sound of pedals

I took to the hills for the second weekend in a row. Unlike last weekend my cycling HR did not hit 180 bpm but it did climb to 165. I will take that as a good sign. I worked very hard to maintain a sense of balance and ride without ego. Luckily there were a couple of people working on HR training and we were able to all stick relatively close.

With each passing week I feel the warmth of exercise come back into me. A vital energy that was sorely lacking in my convalescences. Its the potential of having abilities I thought at best long gone and worst never to see again.

There's treasure everywhere.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Way to go Comm's!

Bill said...

Great to hear, Comm's!

Mommymeepa said...

Everyday is just getting better and better. YEAH!!!!!

Steven said...

I'd take any kind of warmth right now. It's cold up here in Oregon, Comm!

M said...

i love seeing you come back to this. glad to hear that each time out is getting better!

Andy said...

I know how you feel on the HR training, it is a humbling experience... I also remember your posts of last year where your friends just left you in the dust and asked why in the hell you were going so slow...

Keep up the good work!

BTW do you have bolder's email??? I tried to access his blog and he is only accepting access via email request! See what happens when you go on a blogging hiatus?