Sunday, January 11, 2009

First team ride, back

Soooo, the ride today. A little bit over my level. Too many hills. My HR average was 147 but I hit 170 bpm quite often and 182 was my high. Not happy about that and as soon as I could I would pull over and let it drop which is how the average was on par.

Only rode an hour and while I am not happy about the course, I am happy that I was out there with my team. Those that I had not seen in months were happy to see me. And the new faces were like, "Whose the dude that everyone is talking too like he owns the place?"

Spending the rest of the day on the couch and hydrating.

(Edit: a few hours later I can report my legs are hammered. It feels so good to have lactic acid in them again.. I am a bit concerned about my hydration level, parched throat and dry lips. My urine is dark but not dangerously so, a good sign.)

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Just for the record YOU DO OWN THE PLACE!!

LBTEPA said...

seizing the joy of it, that's the main thing :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear you're back to doing some training. Happy New Year!!

Wendy said...

Sorry the course was not ideal. I'm sure your teammates were as happy to have you there as you were to be there.

Hydrate well and relax. Sticking with the program is harder than many people know, but doing it pays dividends!

Jen_runs said...

Great news Comms!

Lucinda said...

This is brilliant, so glad you are back among the pack.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Glad to see you are back in training. Be careful but enjoy every moment. My word verification is "tritri". Coincidence? I think not.

Brent Buckner said...

So nice you're back out there... good that you're fighting to keep yourself in check!

21stCenturyMom said...

I'm so happy you are out there training - that's GREAT!

However - 182? I think we might have to put a bit in your mouth and pull back on it. Don't do that anymore. If the group starts to get away from you let them go. You are out there and and although that counts, keeping you out there counts more.