Monday, January 5, 2009

Business Fitness

I suppose most people are finally getting back into work today after what seemed to be a blessedly long holiday vacation period. In fact I woke up on Sunday before my usual waking time, went downstairs and started going through my groggy routines for ten minutes before realizing, "Ah crap, it's Sunday" and then heading back upstairs for another two hours of sleep.

On Saturday I went to the grand opening of one of my company's new locations. Man ,talk about energy and enthusiasm and lots of business. The community completely opened up to us.

It also kicked off a two part contest for employees. The first part is a 60 day body morph challenge. On Saturday each was measured, had their body fat taken and a 'before photo'. In sixty days we will do it all over again and the one with the most dramatic change wins a cash prize. I actually won this contest the first year we did it, I dropped 77 pounds and 2/3 of my body fat and was part of an ad campaign.

The other part is a physical fitness contest that for the sake of brevity I will include in a future blog post.

I am not involved in either contest as a competitor. Obviously I still haven't been released for exercise, let alone doing one or both extreme body transformations. In full disclosure to my friends, being at the grand opening and being excited about the two contests jacked my adrenaline up and turned my urine tea colored. Needless to say I spent the rest of the day drinking lots of water and resting. Very similar to THIS experience.

Whatever your goals are this year commit to be great at it. Don't do anything half-hearted. Talk to your support system, tell your co-workers and friends. Dare to be your best at every opportunity. And you may surprise yourself at your results.

There's treasure everywhere.




No comments: