Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, GOOD NEWS

I spoke with one of my doctors Tuesday. While there is still a concern of overall kidney and liver damage and the issue of the adrenaline surges, my tests numbers have been strong enough to allow me to begin training. I'm a triathlete again!!!

For the next month I am allowed to train as long as I make sure my nutrition and fluid intake are perfect. Training limits are Zone 1 & 2. I am not allowed to push it at any time and I must submit detailed notes of all my food intake, morning HR and daily exercises for their review. After that will come some tests and then progression or regression in training protocols.

I would expect this blog to become a blueprint, hopefully the perfect blueprint, for how someone deconditioned can go from a Common Man to triathlete. Expect me to revert to a data geek posting workouts along with pertinent info regarding my energy, recovery and upkeep. If I'm typing it once I can copy/paste too. If you did not notice already, I uploaded some training widgets along the sidebar for weekly/ monthly / yearly totals.

I think there is much to say but not the words to say it. My heart is soaring. I laughed louder, I smiled wider. I walked faster. I feel like a missing piece of a puzzle has been given back to me.

There's treasure everywhere.

14 comments:

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

you can do this right - I trust you! and yes, there is TREASURE everywhere!!!

Flatman said...

woot. Now get after it...(zone 2)!

:)

Wendy said...

Very nice! (And the beginning is the best place to start anyway.)

Brent Buckner said...

Fabulous news indeed!

momo said...

good news, comm! such good news. i'm so happy for you. i know how hard the past year has been for you. be smart and enjoy getting back to your fitness!!

Jenny Davidson said...

Wonderful news! Don't go crazy with it, though - take things easy!!!! Good time to work on swim technique BTW...

Greg said...

great news!

you can become really healthy sticking to zones 1 & 2

i'm loving zone 0, so there's that too...

LBTEPA said...

Hurrah!

M said...

welcome back, comm. i'll take a zone 1&2 anyday.

Bill said...

WOOT!

Great to hear. And lots of great times to be had in Zones 1 & 2. Certainly makes it easier to smell the roses while still moving.

Flabbyironman said...

That's great Comm, sounds a bit like a new lease on life... I don't want to hear anything about you cheating and going beyond zone 1 and 2 though. Take it slow!

soccerdad said...

Great news Comm. now go kick some butt - gently.

Fumo Santo said...

"I'm a triathlete again"? When were you ever NOT a triathlete. You're more of a triathlete when you're down and out than most others are when they're good and strong.

Great to hear you're "back" (although you never really left if you get my point)!

Jen_runs said...

I don't think you were ever NOT a triathlete. Personally I think its a state of mind rather than a state of body. Anyhoo that is wonderful, wonderful news. Enjoy your training & take it easy