Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A ton of bricks

I did a quick little workout yesterday. 15 minutes in the gym. I also did handyman work around the house. I woke up this morning feeling like I got my ass kicked in bar fight. Crap this is hard to cope with. Over the weekend, my ten minute jog and 20 minute OW swim and some work around the house, caused me to sleep for 11 hours Saturday night, completely sleeping through the bike ride I was going to do with the team on Sunday. Oh well, I needed the rest. Have I mentioned that I am going on 80 days since IMAZ and I still haven't pee'd clear. That is getting frustrating. I drink over a gallon of water a day right now.

I did a blood test yesterday and sending in a hair test tomorrow to the labs. I got an email from the clinic in Seattle asking me to schedule a trip there this month for 2-3 days. I have a feeling I am going to get what I wished for and I am going to have to make a LOT of changes to my training and nutrition.

I mentioned handyman work. I am the absolute worst handyman in the world. All I wanted to do was fix a sink pop up and rewire three light switches that all work the same light (4-way switch). In all things creation, be it food or fixing, multiply the standard time to do things by four and that's my speed. After spending time under the sink and at Home Depot, I got the wrong size pop up (but it was 'universal') and then the next day at Lowes, I got the right length but the wrong width (again a 'universal' unit). Arggh.

When Mistress came to see how I was doing on the light switches, two up stairs and one downstairs, maybe the fifty times I ran up and down added to my body being hammered today, I was proud to say that after two hours I got everything working they way they were before I started but had not solved the problem of closing the circuit so all the light switches worked and not just two of the three. Oh, and I didn't shock myself this time. I am here to tell you that the fear of being shocked by an outlet is worse than the hard tingle you get when actually zapped.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear you're struggling Comm's, but glad that there's a clinic visit on the horizon!

J-Wim said...

At my house we have to budget double for projects - once to do it wrong, then to redo it the right way....

Flatman said...

Um...4-way switch wiring ain't no joke...don't beat yourself up too bad about it.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

a gallon a day and you're not peeing clear. What the Ef? I thought that drinking too much water was actually bad for you - hyponatremia and all that. I'm speaking in broad terms, you understand. And your physical reaction says a lot about your condition. Yeah - that would be frustrating.

I'm glad to hear you're still working on it.