Wednesday, July 16, 2008

clinic visit recap, day 1

To start, Seattle is beautiful right now. Second, and this a positive to me, I saw more non-hispanic minorities on the bus ride from the airport than I have in a year in Phoenix. It refreshing to be in an urban area.

It wasn't hard to find the clinic, it was less than a mile from the terminal. I used the gps in my phone for the first time. Can I get a tech-w00t.

Spent six hours there today. In full and somewhat anxiet-tis disclosure (i made that word up) this medical bill is going to be close to $7,000, not including travel exspenses. All out of pocket. Yes that hurts me as much as it would hurt you.

After a lot of talking and quite a few tests I do think this will be a productive time. They are asking questions that haven't been asked, doing tests that haven't been done. Telling me and showing me that my body is not processing or recovering properly in ways that haven't been illustrated before.

I am not scared for the future any more. After today its a bit more immediate. One of the tests still ongoing as I go about my night is not going as anyone expected and the doctors have called concerned since I've left.

All I can do now is get a bite to eat and walk up to REI, a sanctuary for me. I start a long day of testing again tomorrow and told to get a big breakfast.

The good news is that I will leave here with a plan. I will be back to training for triathlons soon.

Have fun

7 comments:

Jenny Davidson said...

Thanks for the update. Best wishes for a productive and illuminating stay - better just put the $$$ out of mind, health is worth more than dollars!

Jana said...

You be good up there mister! Good luck and know you're being thought of!

Bigun said...

just keep in mind, this trip is all about YOU. Get the answers you need, bro!

Flatman said...

Jenny is right...no mattter the cost, this will be worth it. You could always put up a donations page for your faithful readers... Seriously.

stronger said...

I think you have to treat it like taking your car into the body shop except it's your body going into the shop. Have fun at REI.

Brent Buckner said...

Plans are good.

White Salamander said...

Glad to hear it's been productive so far. Sorry it's costing you so much out of pocket though.