Monday, July 28, 2008

back at it, later

Yesterday I caught up on all my yard work. Took just about 3 hours. I wore my HRM and kept myself compliant to what the doctors have said. I also followed the hydration plan. As you could guess, I wore myself out.

Later in the in day around 4:30p I fell asleep on the couch. Mo started to get loud so I went upstairs thinking I'd nap for another hour or so. Sixteen hours later Mistress started pushing me out of bed for work.

Whoa!

I rarely nap, let alone sleep for more more than eight hours in a night. I am shocked. I knew that the detox process would leave me feeling drained. I knew that that much outdoor work had left me exhausted. But who knew....

Today was supposed to be the first day back to scheduled training plans but I am going to pass on today as a recovery day. Tomorrow will be the New Beginning for my training.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

The pass is a very good plan!

Flatman said...

Sounds like you began your training in the yard yesterday...

Mommymeepa said...

My doctor always says if you sleep that long your body really needed it, so I'm glad you got some well needed sleep.

Keep doing what you are doing and you'll get there.

Later,
Melissa

Tony said...

Yard work especially weeding is no joke. I was out there for an afternoon a few weeks back and I became so sore!

I can ride my bike for 3-4-5 hours no problem, but weeding for a couple hours puts me out of commision for days.

Keep up the great work Comm!