Saturday, June 28, 2008

Easy Squeasy

I pretty much did nothing of value with my fitness or nutrition this week. Nothing seems to make my urine clear up and I was jammed up with end of month work so I couldn't work out if I wanted to. Plus after a long drought I did back to back lunches at Taco Bell. I love making runs for the border.

Anywho.

On Saturday I woke up earlier than my usual and worked my way out to Canyon lake for a swim, deciding to do a short jog before hoping in the water. It was five minutes out and five back and not quite a mile but it felt great. I LOVE to run. Why God denied me the ability to run at two Ironmans causes me great displeasure and created much robust dialogue on my part.

After the run I was waiting for people to show up for the scheduled team swim and saw a really big snake about ten feet away. I used to be deathly afraid of snakes, after living on Guam, not so much. Even the nasty ones.

Only Andy showed up for the swim and I did about 1200 yards at a very easy pace. Still smoked me but I did it. Andy is prepping for Vineman so he did a bit more then bricked a really hard hill ride.

Fellow team mate and blogger Glen and his family is coming over tonight for a pool party. Our sons are about the same age and get along really well. My bro is in town for the week so will probably be at the parents house for much of tomorrow for a family get together.

5 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Just keep that robust dialogue coming and things will work out just fine.

Bigun said...

mmmmmm.....taco bell....

White Salamander said...

why wasn't Fumo Santo there for the open water swim? That's the question I have.

My feelings about Taco Bell are that you should never eat anywhere where you can actually drink the meat with no chewing.

21stCenturyMom said...

You are showing excellent restraint! And what BigUn said - mmmmmmmm.........

Is Andy doing the 70.3 or the full? IronMomJenny and I are doing the half and Dread Pirate Rackham is doing the full and I'll be cheering. Let me know!

Brent Buckner said...

Good to manage the total stress load!