Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A view afield

This trip to Seattle I am not renting a car, I will be using public transportation to and from the airport and a combination of taxi/buses/feet around town. Part of this decision is financial, this medical visit is expensive. Also, I booked a hotel about a mile and half away and can walk to and from the clinic gathering my thoughts and enjoying cooler weather. Lastly, I would not mind trying something new. I do not have a history of using public transportation and this is sort of a trial run on how I can adapt to traveling abroad, ya know in case I get on Amazing Race, in a familiar city.

BTW, the Phoenix public transportation blows. Hard.

I am looking forward to hoofing it. It simplifies my decision making. Mistress has come to terms with me ignoring all our friends on this trip but has given me two mandates. First, I must go to the REI flagship store and second I must enjoy a nice seafood dinner. I love fresh seafood.

BTW, the Phoenix seafood scene blows. Hard.

I am sure I will have plenty of time this evening to post some thoughts from the days events.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

We'll look forward to hearing how you made out at the clinic. (And with transport.)

Spokane Al said...

I suggest a resturant down on or close to the water where you can eat while watching Puget Sound. There our some resturants with outdoor seating which are very nice this time of year.

dpc said...

Comm,

Best of luck to you on your trip and with your tests. I hope you find the answers you are looking for, and some peace in this understanding. After all, while being sick blows, being sick and not knowing why blows hard! ;)

I don't know Seattle, but you would think the fresh seafood thing is working pretty good up there.

Take care! dpc

J~Mom said...

Hey Comm,

Dh and I went to Seattle a couple of years ago and we took a bus from the airport to our hotel and walked the rest. It's so awesome there. You will have trouble not finding great seafood everywhere. I am thinking about you this week as you see the doctors.

Lisa

21stCenturyMom said...

Get thee a cab to Pike's Market. Fun and delicious, too. Plenty of very, very fresh and tasty seafood there like crab legs as long as your arm!

Geo said...

That was my suggestion... go over to Pike's. They will have you laughing your tail off. If you see a fish come flying over your head at 60 mph, just enjoy it! It's part of the show.

Flatman said...

Sounds like lots of blowing in Phoenix.... :D

Nancy Toby said...

Best wishes in finding some positive, constructive guidance!! And please do keep us posted - we're all following along out here in Blogland!!

LBTEPA said...

I can just see you and Mistress on Amazing Race....
Good luck with everything in Seattle

Tony said...

I love Seattle!

Phoenix seafood deffinately blows, so does the public transportation.

When I lived in London I used the buses and subway (metro) to go everywhere!

Keep up the good work Comm