Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Let it begin

Excluding a false start on Sunday, today I begin my new training regimen. Or began perhaps. I woke up this morning and did a one mile...something. I wouldn't call it a run, wouldn't call it walk, as I had to keep my HR below 140. If their was any structure to it, it would be a :90/:30 (seconds) jog/walk. Boy its not easy jogging in Zone 1.

I came home and did 2 x :30 planks, 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, 20 leg lifts, 20 flutter kicks. For a very first back at it workout from home, I hope it is consistent.

The main thrust of my workout today will take place in the gym. 1 set of 15 repetitions on circuit equipment. One or two exercises per body part. Then I hope about 30 minutes on the bike keeping my HR once again under 140. I think that will be fairly easy.

Like I have said, this is the very beginning of someone who has been the ultimate distance in triathlon and now just glad to be able to do something. Expect more training profiles and comments as I continue to learn what I can and can't do and hopefully motivate someone out there who doesn't think they can do it at all.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Wogging! (A term they used when my Dad did cardiac rehab.)

Do keep us posted!

Flatman said...

good luck with the new plan...

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Baby steps Man, but steps none the less. Keep up the determination.

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear you're back into it!

Fumo Santo said...

Great to hear Comm. Here's hoping for the best!

Jenny Davidson said...

Yes - and you know, when you've got to keep your HR low and do rehab stuff it's a fantastic time to work on swim technique! A great deal of progress can be made in swimming without doing anything approaching a hard workout!

White Salamander said...

thumbs up amigo!

Spokane Al said...

One step at a time. And while we like to measure against our next race, really we are measuring and strengthening and preparing for the rest of our life.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

it's like you were an ironman, and then a shark bit off your leg, and now you're starting over.

You already know how to do it, but you're totally learning a new way to get it done.

You'll get there.

dpc said...

Routing for you, Comm! dc

Jen_runs said...

Woohoo! So pleased to hear that you have been able to start training again. As that old wise man says/said it begins with a single step