Friday, July 11, 2008

Rocking and Rolling

Last night one of the strongest monsoons in a decade hit town. In my area we had winds at over 40 miles per hour, gusting to 60 mph and two inches of rain in one hour. Lots of sideways wind, lots of toppled trees, lightening and thunder.

We don't really have seasons but monsoons do make up for drizzly months of spring. It was really nice to walk out this morning to temperatures 20 degrees lower than normal.

I am not sure I fleshed this out and will do so before I leave, but I am flying out next week for three days of testing. When I this started this process of getting treatment, I told my contacts that I will go anywhere in the world, South Africa, Sweden it didn't matter just get me the best. Who knew the best would be in Seattle?

Mistress and I grew up there, married there, still have lots of friends there. This is not a trip I wished I had to take and am very serious about what I will be doing there with testing and consulting that may affect the rest of my life. I got a room about a mile from the clinic and plan to walk there and take taxi's from and to the airport. While Mistress is fully supportive of the trip, she wishes I would stay or see some of our friends.

I see her point but honestly I just want to focus on me and not think about link ups or dinners or socializing. I have no idea what to expect, only that I want to focus on me and getting better. My only outside desire is to spend a few hours at REI's flagship store. A home away from home.

More on the trip next week.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Well, if you're feeling up to it after a day's testing (although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be) you can always make some phone calls.

Best of luck with it Comm's!

M said...

best of luck with the testing, comm. make sure to let us know how it goes.

White Salamander said...

I actually used to look forward to monsoon season but I don't know that we had anything as severe as you've described. I remember a microburst hitting a girls car on Indian School RD and killing her.

Hope your testing goes well. If you were heading to Portland I'd get you a beer or at least a carrot juice.

Tyger Lily said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family Comm. I know you will let us know how all goes in Seattle!

ShirleyPerly said...

I agree completely with your thinking to stay at a hotel on your trip. In fact, I prefer to do so even for races so I can have more time to myself (selfish, I know).

Enjoy the cool Seattle weather and time at REI!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Best of luck with your testing Comm - and enjoy Seattle - it's my favorite time of year there!!!

Bigun said...

used to go to the rei in atlanta...luved it! Miss REI...

Get better, Comms -

Di said...

hope your cold has diminished for you to be feeling better for all of the testing. You're in our thoughts.
xoxo
Di

Brent Buckner said...

Maybe you can visit Seatle folks another time....