Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sitting is Active Recovery?

When you watch the local news tonight take a gander at the southwest and you'll see its now pretty hot. Not officially hot, that happens when the ten day forecast is nothing but 110+ degree highs and 90 degree lows. On the flip side I did hear that Aspen's Ski Lodge will be open this weekend for Fathers Day. Last chance to hit the snow!

I have been a good boy, if not a bit lazy. Last Saturday I went to a triathlon and volunteered. Just doing my part and it was enough to wipe me out the rest of the day. It made me a little worried about training.

Since Ironman and the whole liver & kidney failure thing, I drink about a gallon of water a day, if not more. Since Saturday, no matter how much I drink I can't get my urine to clear out. It goes from tea to yellow but as of yet it hasn't been close to clear. So to be honest I have been giving myself a forced rest. I may try to do a little something today just to test the color of my next #1 but nothing to hard. In the meantime I have been trying not to exert myself too much and drink as much fluids as I can. Sittings enough right?

I figure its going to cost about eight grand out of pocket to cover the hospitals, doctors, tests and travel I will have to do this year to get my Rhabdo under control. That's a tough pill to swallow, but we have to believe that in the end, I will have all the answers I need to live a healthy and productive life. Its an investment in my future.

I have received two of three tests from the Seattle clinic that I can do at home. I have to follow some routines for a couple weeks before I can complete them and send them in. A third test will be coming soon. Then it looks like a trip up there.

I really hope all of you in the midwest are okay and sorta dry. My thoughts are will all of you.

6 comments:

Flatman said...

Dude...I am tired of the heat already. Heading out for a run later when it "cools" off a little...

Jana said...

Good to know about your pee. Good luck with that... you better take care of yourself!

Bigun said...

the 'ol Bennie pee test. I've got to get my labido under control too. I may just have another test tonight!

ShirleyPerly said...

It is surprising cool here in Kona due to the VOG. Will need to re-acclimate when I get back to the steamy swamp.

Good to hear you've been a good boy!

LBTEPA said...

The investment - $$$ and patience! - will be worth it, cause you're worth it

kt said...

You are definitely worth the money. :)

And yes, we are completely underwater here in Nebraska. Ugh, makes training out on the bike interesting!