Friday, June 6, 2008

Buzzing

Crap this week has flown by. I seriously could have posted twice as much as I did with all the stuff going on. The big event for me this week: I RODE MY BIKE Thursday. It has been almost two months. Wow. In fact I still had my aero drink bottle on it with Gatorade sloshing around from the Ironman. Gross.

In fact it wasn't just a bike ride, it was a brick. I also did a 2 mile run off the one hour bike.

I didn't get a lot of distance but the saddle time was good. Man my legs were not used to being back on a bike. Its took me several minutes to get my cadence up over 90 and I stayed in the Big Ring /Base +2, +3, +4 almost the whole time. (Base is the middle gear of a rear 9 speed cassette, so Base +4 is the "granny gear").

Whether it is because I have no concept of what an easy workout is or I am just so new at being back on a program or it's a condition of my Rhabdo., I am smoked the day after a workout. My whole body is just in agony and I am unable to apply myself correctly to another practice. My hope is that this is just 'starting up again' stuff and will go away but if it is a part of my Rhabdo., then I will learn to deal with my new reality.

Be well my fine friends and have a great training weekend.

6 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Hope it's just the starting up feeling. Either way, good to hear you're back to doing some workouts. I don't even want to think about what may have been growing in that aero bottle, though!

kodiacbear said...

My husband has done that with his camelback--Yuck! Glad to see you getting back in the saddle.

Fe-lady said...

Glad you are back in the saddle! Rest up and don't feel you have to do any more than you are doing!

Trigirl 2007 - Québec said...

Enjoy the saddle!
And the front wind!
I'm happy your back to fun things like you say!
Don't start to fast but run a mile for me: I sprained my ankle badly and got an avulsion fracture.
I just need to be patient, but I'm missing the best weather for running in Montreal, QC...
Go, go, go

Flatman said...

But, the real question is did you accidentally take a drink? :)

Jen_runs said...

A bit belated I know - but congrats Comms. Wonderful to hear that you are getting back into it again.