Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Every other

I am pretty frigging sore today. Go figure.

I realized last night that I haven't touched my bike since Ironman, almost two months ago. That kinda shocked me. The bottles were still in the cages and I just threw them away. I was going to ride in to work today but I was too sore this morning and in the end I have to do some traveling so it worked out for the best.

After a full week of training I don't really feel any stronger, faster or more fit than when I was wasn't working out. Then again it is only one week. It will take at least a month to see any real progress. The way I am feeling after the workouts I have done, I am going to stagger training with a high day and low day. The high days will be endurance and strength and the lows just endurance, even if that is just running a couple miles right now.

Having Fun

5 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

I'll bet you feel way better than you did lying in that hospital bed wondering if you would ever work out again, though. It's all relative my friend and patience really is a virtue.

Welcome back to sore muscles.

Jen_runs said...

Sore muscles are good :-D

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Even the "just a couple miles" is huge!!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Even the "just a couple miles" is huge!!

kodiacbear said...

It is all in the having fun, Comm! Go to it--allbeit slow and steady.