Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ebb and Flow

Most of us who claim honest work, can attest that each month has an ebb and flow to it. You can almost predict or know absolutely when the busiest days will be; payroll, inventory, closeout, meetings and what not.

Traditionally the first week of every new month is my busiest and yesterday the first business day was no exception. I used to get up real early to workout or simply scheduled Mondays off which wasn't such a bad idea after the grueling weekend training I got to do.

Yesterday came and went I didn't workout. I didn't feel bad about it either. It was planned and it did not happen. Too busy as usual doing my closeout. On the other hand I did convict myself for not eating (at all) or drinking (at all) while putting in a 12 hour work day. Come to think of it I didn't get up to use the rest room either. Its a little bit weird that I can sit for so long and not even realize it.

Today was much better. I went into the weight room and knocked out some power cleans and dead lifts and then ran 3 miles in 30 minutes outside. Whew, watch my dust. My goal is to put a little more functional training into my life to build up some more muscle strength. I really neglected this part of fitness over the last year. The powerlifting routine allows me to hit my whole body, really freaking hard, in about 15 minutes. Probably not the workout that my Rhabdo doctors would prescrip but nevertheless....

5 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

No eating/drinking for 12 hours? That doesn't sound good.

The functional training does, though. So easy to let it slide when doing other workouts for tris.

Wendy said...

Ummm, is it the "really freaking hard" part that you think the medics wouldn't like?

Brent Buckner said...

Sounds as though you're getting in phase with the rhythm....

Nytro said...

so you let yourself dehydrate at work, as well? glad i'm not alone in that.

kodiacbear said...

Its easy to neglect thyself when work becomes busy--but it still not wise, says Yoda. Good workout today. Baby steps, my friend, baby steps.