Monday, June 2, 2008

Chipping In

For those of you who thought, myself included, that the weekend would be a non-stop workout, you would be surprised. Again myself included.

Friday I was actually too sore to workout so I did a very minimal body weight program and then played zombie freeze tag with Mighty Mo. I actually look very forward to going to the park with Mo as he can play and I can workout using the available equipment. I had a very hard time sleeping Friday night and promised Mistress I'd let her sleep in Saturday. My two hours of sleep and full day with Mo wiped me out. We saw a movie, rode the Merry Go Round at the mall, shopped for shoes for him, bought some chocolate for Mistress, got haircuts. And drove around looking for cans for the 'dune buggy fund'.

Sunday aztriclub held an underground duathlon (s/r) at Canyon lake. Big turnout which was great and a BBQ was after. I had no intention of doing any part of it but at the last minute, casual shorts and a tank top, I ran 2 miles with Ken after his swim. I felt really good.

At the end of the weekend, I was surprised I had not done more. I see it as a sign of maturity that my enthusiasm was tempered by having fun and going slow.

Have Fun

4 comments:

Cliff said...

Commodore,

The key is having fun and spending quality time w/ your family.

momo said...

i think you're doing quite a lot. just keeping up with a little guy full of energy like mo is a fulltime workout!

Bigun said...

Nice...you will more discipline NOW then you had when you had full licence to train.

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I gotta admit that hanging out with a kid, shopping and such can poop me out more than working out.