Monday, June 23, 2008

And the winners are...

Everyone who did Ironman CdA yesterday. I was on the pc almost every hour and around 8pm started updating every ten minutes. I am so proud of my blogging friends who pulled it out. It appeared to be almost perfect race conditions, barring the sub 60* water. I can not wait to get the race reports.

Although my training has been revoked by the doctors, I still managed to get myself on the bike for 15 mile ride Sunday. Took less than an hour, I went probably a bit too hard, but I blame the gear slippage for that more than myself. I was very honest with my ability and when everyone else went on for more loops, I stopped and got off my bike after one. I think that is 'one' workout for general health.

The extreme weather alerts are abating for a few days and I'd like to get out on the trail with some running. Its a lot cooler at 105* than 115*.

Over the weekend one of the a/c units went out, the downstairs. It would climb to the mid-90's so we found ourselves upstairs most of the time since that unit was working. Yes I have two full size a/c units, one for each floor. This happened with the same unit last weekend and the motor was replaced. Thank god for home warranties.

4 comments:

Flatman said...

We have two units also...I can't imagine trying to cool a two story efficiently without them. Did you get it all fixed up and runnung again?

Nice job cutting the bike ride to one loop. Thanks. :)

Jen_runs said...

Careful. Run on trails too many times; you will see the light & never want to run on that silly hard, bitumen stuff again ;-)

Mommymeepa said...

Hey Comm,

I've been out of the blogging loop for awhile. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by taking it easy. Hang in there your day to really get out there and do what you want will come with time.

Keep up the great work and hang in there with all of this.

Your friend,
Melissa

tarheeltri said...

We've had a home warranty since we bought our house 5 years ago and had a major repair/replacement that far exceeded what we paid for the warranty all but one year. I highly recommend them for the triathlete too busy to fix things.