Monday, May 21, 2007

Scheduling

Its week...three now of my off season and I am finally starting to see patterns to my workout schedule that I think will help me this summer. I wanted my training to be organic, not forced. I wanted to be pulled in directions that helped me train for wind and hills and strength along with doing some different things. I don't want to feel that I cheated myself if a couple of my workouts each week, while intense and fun, did not incorporate a 2 hour workout of swim/bike/run. 30 minutes workouts, done correctly can help me too.

For now it looks like on Monday I will be riding. Tuesdays swimming, then track work. Wednesday a longer run or hiking a mountain or trail. Thursday bike hill repeats or a swim/? brick.

My weekends are still a bit of a mess to figure out, mostly just waiting to see what others are doing and jumping in. I figure as long as I keep some long distance credibility I can keep this open for debate on what and how I do things. If I become lazy then I will create more structure.

5 comments:

Fe-lady said...

It's all good....

Jeremy said...

Have you seen Ray Britt's advice on tri training? It's pretty interesting. He's been to Kona multiple times and says he averages about 1 hour of training per day - in season.

Quality workouts are key.

Di said...

I am curious to see how long it will take you to decide you need the structure. ;)

The Big Cheese said...

You do more on your off days then I do on all my on days.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Hey Buddy - I am a fan of "just get the long stuff in". The rest is gravy for people that want to be faster.
Your life is as busy right now as it'll ever be. Hang in there.
We had TriDummy here for a few days... you would love, love, love this guy.
Miss you!
Jenny