Monday, May 14, 2007

Photos of the moment

Looking through the utter crap of the photography that was at the Mexico race, I came across a real gem. This is only the low-res version for viewing but I'll get the real deal next week. Finally a photo that makes me look like a hero and not a zero coming out of the water.
Water exit

The workout for Sunday was laps at Canyon lake and then a trail run. I did a half iron swim, 43 minutes, then drove a mile to the Boulder Canyon Trail. The first mile is 700 feet of elevation on loose rock. It was a tough go of it but the view was spectacular. I took some vista photos and then we all sort of hung out not really paying attention that Andy kept going and ran another mile at least. John and I waited until we could see him and really all we saw was the dust kicked up by his running pace. He was flying up and down the trails coming back.

Jeff and I overlooking Boulder Canyon. Weavers Needle and the
Lost Dutchman's fabled unfound goldmine in the background

11 comments:

S. Baboo said...

Great swim exit pic...much better than if they had caught you picking your way across the coarl beds like those other two guys...or are they hunting for sand dollars?

Brent Buckner said...

Great pic!

Bigun said...

Great wetsuit form - it never fails that I'm half way to T1 before I realize to start taking the damn thing off.

You may want to keep in mind that triathletes are skinny, small-armed "wirey" kinds of folks - just something for ya to work on (the pot definately calling the kettle black!)

That's definately a keeper pic.

Wendy said...

Myles almost made me inhale coffee!

Wonderful swim exit pic -- one for the books.

And the vista ... how very beautiful!

greyhound said...

AQUAMAN!!

Andy said...

Pics look great. Doesn't a 700 evelation climb the first mile after a swim and t1 instill confidence in the rest of the race??? Just kidding! I had that happen to me (not for a mile long though) at a race where in the distance from the swim to T1 was about 75-100 feet, and I had not gotten rid of my sea legs....it was pretty funny. Hope you and the family had a great weekend!

Murtha...

Iron Pol said...

Hmmmm, that water looks AWFULLY clear! And not a single dead fish on the shoreline. How can you possibly swim in that?

Good pictures can be tough to come from at sporting events. It's amazing how they hire all kinds of professional photographers, and most pictures are pretty low end.

Except the bike pics. They seem to nail those pretty well.

Glen said...

hey what days are you doing the track workouts on.

Bolder said...

totally stormin' the beach!

i would be surprised if spectators were not yelling "INCOMING" upon viewing!!

Cliff said...

Great pic coming out of the water...

whenever there is a pic of me coming out, it looks like i am dying and barely clinging on to life :)

Lance Notstrong said...

That is a cool pic coming out of the water. I always have trouble getting good running pics. I never look like I'm "running" :-)