Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Great Adbenture


Mighty Mo is always asking if we can go on an Adbenture, (you know how well 4 year olds can pronounce), which is usually walking over the bridge in our backyard and chasing or being chased by dinosaurs, throwing rocks at the wall or looking at woodpeckers hammering away at palm trees. These end with, "Daddy, (sigh) that was a great adbenture."

It's important for Mistress and I to get Mo outdoors and off the tv. When we were younger there was no fear of predators or irrational drivers or deviants looking for mischief. We could play in the woods or down the street and just had to be home before it was too dark to ride the bike home or get lost on a path.

I know this sounds terribly stupid but I like to take Mo to Sports Authority and REI so he can play on/in the prop tents, kayaks, pedal boats and with all the sports gear and fishing poles. Its just easier when its so hot outside for little fella's.

Saturday we are going to the zoo but not see animals. We are going to rent a family bike, (pedalers sit side by side and two kids can sit in a high seat behind them), a sun boat for the lake surrounding the island of gibbons and lastly ride the trolley that takes people on tours of the entire zoo.

13 comments:

tarheeltri said...

Some things are too cute to change. Never correct "adbenture". CB still says "aminals".

21stCenturyMom said...

He is just SO darned cute!

When I was little there were woods behind my house to play in. Today, at that same house in Ohio, there are just more houses behind the one I grew up in. *sniff sniff*

Nancy Toby said...

That sounds like you have a perfect day planned!!

Nytro said...

that sounds like a blast. seriously. have fun!

Phoenix said...

Sounds like a great adbenture.

My son still "mispronounces" some words - and I like them better the way he says them - appointment for ointment, stigarette for cigarette (stinky stigarette when he's really on a tirade). Kids give us new eyes and ears.

Have a great time.

Wendy said...

I think it's great you have indoor places Mo can have fun with sporting goods.

Adbentures can be found in many places. Including zoos!

Di said...

I wish I could go.

Andra Sue said...

Dang, that sounds fun. Can I tag along? :)

Taconite Boy said...

Mama and I use to take the Tribe to Mall of America when they were alll little just so we could have them in a more controlled chaos enviroment. Stores visited included Sports Authority and Lego Land. Ahhh nothing like getting them ready to become mass consumers... :)

Cliff said...

I don't htink it's stupid to take Mo to REI so he can play with camping gear.

Hope you have fun in the zoo. Good to get him active and enjoy being outside.

Bigun said...

Good thing you are in shape - sound's like a full day! Enjoy!

Lance Notstrong said...

Enjoy as many "Adbentures" as you can. My son is 14 and we don't get as many as we use to.

Laurie said...

Mighty Mo always makes me smile :)

I can almost hear him say 'adbentures'.

I think it's smart to take him to REI to play with the camping gear, especially living in the AZ heat.