Thursday, May 24, 2007

Jello and Juggling

Jello. No not the wiggly, jiggly stuff that people think must be eaten with half rotten fruit embedded in it; no I am thinking specifically about my legs. I have punished myself the last three days. Last night was a charge up Camelback mountain with John and Todd, (both first timers, good job pals) and this is after doing a coached swim bricked bleachers and track work the day before and a hard ride up the IMAZ course the day before that.

Today WAS to be a open swim then another bike hill intervals but a last minute meeting is holding me back. This might be a good thing. If possible I am going to try to hit the pool for a 30 minute set if not no big deal.

Juggling. Last weekend I bequeathed my time at the lake with the team to Mistress. It was her first real open water swim in years and of course she stayed on the feet of the fastest swimmer in our group, Jeff. This just goes to show that people who begin swimming as children through college have a tremendous advantage in the water over people like me.

This has prompted her to investigate a popular masters swim group. On Friday she will be in the water at 0530 for a 90 minute swim, her first organized swim practice in 11 years.

Why do I think I have finally awoken a monster?

9 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Yay for Mistress and Masters swimming!

Wendy said...

What my brother said! In spades!!!

momo said...

i love to watch people who swam as kids. they're so effortless and FAST. way to go, mistress!!

comm, we're riding long this weekend if you're interested. loops through fountain hills and scottsdale and cave creek. 113 total, but there are places to join in if you'd like. just let me know!

21stCenturyMom said...

I am always so amazed by the life long swimmers - so fast. I wish I could figure out how they do that!

Yeah for Mistress. I ♥ my masters group and the workouts. Great people, great workouts.

Bigun said...

just started Masters for first time (2 weeks now) - kids swim team is at same time (0500 - 0700) but they swim non stop and fast - it's crazy to watch actual swimmers. Horay for Mistress! Horay for beer!

Cliff said...

haha...unleaseh the tri in her, Commodore :o)

Fe-lady said...

I feel a tri relay comin' on in the near future for Mistress! Cool!

Di said...

I think you might be contagious...

Dances with Corgis said...

I 100% completely agree with your "people who began swimming early" have an advantage theory. As someone who started competitively swimming when they were 3, I was able to pick it up this season after an 8 year break with NO PROBLEM whatsoever.

Very psyched that she's getting into it again!! :)