Wednesday, February 1, 2006

No Limits Day 11

Had a stressful Tuesday. I completely missed the swim due to a 'make a wish' call.

See, one of my roles with my business partners is I get sh*t done. Need the impossible possible and I can pretty much McGyver a way into making it happen, and it turning out better than expected I might add.

Today is a big meeting and my boss/partner wants twenty copys of a book published thirtheen year ago, so of course I get the call to make it happen with only 24 hours notice. Make some calls and I am off to five book stores, covering 100 miles of territory, still coming up short on numbers and its the last day of the month and still have my own time sensitive work to accomplish. This sounds fairly mundane, except that I really had a lot of personal work to finish in my timeline and I have not failed to deliever for my partners in a dozen odd years of work.

I got all the books by hitting a bunch of little book stores and picking up one at a time. Online would have been so much easier if I could trust the overnight delievery.

Back to No Limits. So I lamented to Mistress about have a problem fitting in my swim. She tells me that I'll spend more time on the bike at Ironman than swimming so go home and ride your bike. What a good woman. I came home and plugged 60 minutes of big ring interval bike work on the trainer and then added 15 minutes of core. I will try to make up the swim on Friday, which is supposed to be a day off.

Already today I can report a good 5 am ride of 90 minutes burning 1200 calories. Cold but I have that meeting today and can't trust I will have time later on.

There is no limit to what you can achieve. I challenge all of you to make a commitment to just 39 days of training with No Limits. Until the end of February what can you do to improve yourself that you know you can do, know you should do, but right now do not do.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Good job, CMS. Train now before putting it off till later.