Saturday, February 18, 2006

Damage Control

As most of you may remember, Mighty Mo developed Influenza A and pneumonia last October, just another series of complications from my sons low immune system. So our team of doctors decided to ask us an unusual request, electively segregate Mo from other children until the flu and sick season had passed which is generally the beginning of February.

Well the veil was lifted a couple weeks ago and he has been making up missed play time like crazy, playing himself into exhuastion and giving himself exercise induced asthma attacks.

Now he is sick again. Hard.

With his immune system he can flip from a cold to bronchitis or pnuemonia within a day, so this weekend we are pumping med's and fluids in him and watching lots of Disney movies. We think if we can get him under control by Monday we can significantly decrease the odds of a hospital stay. Due to his condition and age (2y 10m) approximately 70% of his illnesses result in hospital visits and overnights. Mostly for dehydration and intravenous antibotics.

BTW, a plea. I am looking for The Lion King on dvd. If any of you have it in your kid's dvd library and don't watch it anymore and are willing to part with it, lets talk.

Well really its Mistress doing the work. IronBenny is in town for a weekend boot camp and my brother is flying into town to see the family. So this morning Benny and I and AzTriClub did a 4,000 yard swim workout, (I confess I only did 3,200 skipping a 800 yard set). Tonight I am taking my brother and The Colonel (dad) to PF Changs for dinner. Mom is getting over what Mighty Mo has.

Tomorrow is the epic Ironman Arizona course ride which is what brought Benny down to the Valley Of The Sun. I estimate we will ride 114 miles tomorrow due to the fact that the safest turnaround is just past the course turnaround.

11 comments:

Mica said...

Have you tried ebay for the Lion King DVD? Hope he can avoid the hospital visit...

Cliff said...

Will pray for u, Mistress and MIghty Mo....

Will also hunt for the Lion King DVD...perhaps Mighty Mo will get a present all way from up north :)

Nytro said...

i hope mighty mo is feeling better. poor, poor kid. take care of him.

i'll keep my eyes peeled for lion king. i have aladdin that i would send you if you like. love that movie...

tri-mama said...

Sorry about Mo-that has to be a little discouraging for you guys. Enjoy the bike ride-sounds like fun

Keryn said...

Send me your address...I can make a copy for you. We have it. Any other Disney movies you want?

TriZilla said...

Oh, I hope your little guy gets better soon! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Hope the epic bike ride is going well!

tarheeltri said...

Hope Mo gets better soon. He's probably not regretting the play time at all though!

Bridget said...

I am sorry Mighty Mo is so sick again, poor boy. I hope he can avoid the hospital stay this time. Is your wife holding up okay? We have the Lion King VHS but not the DVD, sorry.

Nice job on your swim workout! How was the bike course?

stronger said...

While you are waiting for your copy of Lion King to arrive, I have found that the public library is a great source for kids DVDs.

Flatman said...

Second the library comment. Hope he is doing better now...

Chris said...

Hey Com... If you haven't already found a copy, send me an email (I think you have my address).

Hope the lil' on is doing better.