Monday, February 20, 2006

Mo Update

Thanks to all of you who wrote or thought well wishes for the Mighty Mo. I know its not always easy to be empathetic for other peoples kids. Believe it or not I am finding that I have a lot of friends and family who cruise by the blog who don't leave comments on top of all the great friends that I enteract with exclusively through CMS.

Mistress took Mighty Mo in yesterday and the doctors were once again floored at his level of illness compared to his outward disposition. He has strep, a sinus infection, ear infection and pneumonia. Because Mistress did such a great job of keeping him hydrated over the weekend, we didn't need to do an overnight for the IV bag.

So after a four month hiatus, life is back to normal at the Casa.

10 comments:

bunnygirl said...

Wow, what does the poor kid not have?

It sounds he's getting the best of care. Good luck to all of you!

Flatman said...

You know, kids are amazing. My son can be running a 103 temp with an infection and he is still running around laughing and smiling...how do they do it.

Take care...

stronger said...

Just one of those illnesses is enough to take out a toddler. You don't call him Mighty Mo for nothin'. Hang in there champ.

mipper said...

bless his heart! i'm amazed at what a little trooper he is. yay for no overnight visit or IV. i think Mistress deserves something special for that, don't you? ;)

prayers and positive thoughts will be coming your way for little Mo. take care.

Nytro said...

i will never complain about my illness again. holy crap. mighty mo is one tough kid.

Keryn said...

Of course Mighty Mo is tough. Look at his parents! Comm's been through more than his fair share of injuries and Mistress has more allergies than there are kernels of rice in China.

Tell Mo we're all pulling for him. :)

Bridget said...

Wow, your wife sure did a wonderful job taking care of him. Thanks for the update. One of my guys once had an ear infection and strep. I cannot imagine having that on top of pneumonia. Are you doing albutural treatments now? Poor kid. Poor you guys as well, I know how tiring it can be taking care of a sick boy. I hope he feels better soon!

tarheeltri said...

Another thing you me and Flatman have in common... tough kids! Claudia had chronic ear infections her first year and rarely complained. Just recently I took her to the doc's for some chest congestion and had them check out CJ as well, just for good measure. Turns out he had a double ear infection but didn't cry about it once!

tri-mama said...

My goodness-just one of those would be enough to floor us-virtual hug to mistress and how well she handles all this-tell I empathize and hang in there...eyes on the prize.

Nancy Toby said...

Best wishes to the little guy and his intrepid Mom and Dad. :-)

Sorry I haven't commented in a while - somehow I accidentally lost your blog feed! Bad me!