Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Vascularity

I am not a vascular man. Vascularity in exercising terms, is the condition of having prominent veins ripping up and down parts of the body. Also known as being shredded.

In the past I have had the size (220 pounds), the body fat (as low as 5%), even the funny multicolored billowy clown pants (crap I even owned those shoes), but not the vascularity.

So why is it when I am 25 pounds lighter and three time my lowest bodyfat percentage, I get out of the shower after a 2 hour training session and my lower legs are shredded. I got veins everywhere.

I quickly run downstairs, "Honey look quick, my legs are shredded."
"Thats nice dear, now go put on some clothes the boy is looking."

The other day I was driving around town with my elbow resting on a partially lowered window, grabbing the top of the door frame. I come to a stoplight and I stare out the window and catch a glimpse of my forearm. "What is that a smudge? Craps thats my forearm, its shredded! I haven't had muscles defining my arm like that in like...ever."

This is just one reason- Why I tri.

8 comments:

Nytro said...

are you sure it wasn't just left over marker from your last tri?

IMmike said...

I'm noticing the same thing. Veins everywhere. It's nice to be fit!

Steven said...

New veins create themselves to feed the new demand you are putting on new muscles! Nice job.

I have very veiny forearms and the nurses at the American Red Cross just love me when I come in to donate blood or platelets.

Lastly, one day last summer I was working outside and the arms were pumped from driving in fence-posts. My 10-year-old nephew looks at me and says,"you're arems are all veiny, Uncle Steve" and I told him "chicks dig veins." He still remembers that and even today will tell me when he has a vein pop-out because chicks dig it.

Cliff said...

That's good stuff Commodore.

I can't stop looking myself at the change room after a good swim. I am slightly more define than 5 months ago.

I find my calves are really define. Sweet... :)

Rice said...

I have very large veins in my forearms and hands as well.. It turns into a neat trick for the kids when I grab my wrist and push the veins out on the back of my hand. Then I move my fingers to make them dance over the tendons.. The chicks don’t dig that part..

Cheers.

Rice.

Papa Tweet said...

I try to show Nytro my abs, or what little of them are showing, but she doesn't get too excited. She doesn't understand, I've never seen them before. The only reason I knew I had them in the past is because they got sore when I did sit ups. I was pretty sure fat doesn't get sore from sit ups. Anyway, it's the small vicories that matter sometimes. As small as they may be, we still know they're there. And yes, the forearm trick has been working for me for years. Throw down some Maveric and Iceman smiles and your gold. Now, if I could just stop thinking about you in those pants. Please tell me you had a mullet too.
Benny

stronger said...

I looked down at my hands and forearms last night while I was riding the bike and thought, "cool, I'm shredded."

Keryn said...

Very cool...now put some clothes on!