Friday, February 24, 2006

Product Review: Staples Wordlock


Ever have problems remembering your three number locker combination? Or get frustrated with having to line up those itty-bitty dashes on the dial?

Staples solved the problem with their $5.98 Wordlock. It opens using a combination of five letters that you put into almost any word or name you want. With ten letters per dial that means a 100,000 possibility's.

Words are so much easier to remember than numbered combinations, which means even after several weeks or months of non-use, the combination should come to you very quickly. Use your name, nickname, name of loved one or pet, anything you want. The lock comes with a page of words that you can use if your not the inspired type. The last dial of letters has a blank spot if you perfer to use only a four letter combination.

Changing the combination is a cinch, if your the love em and leave em type, just dial up your combination, push in the black button on the side and switch the word.

Pro: Much easier to remember combination when dealing with a common word rather than a lock specific series of numbers.
Con: Laziness could lead to easy decoding of your combination, if you don't jumble the lock properly.

Bottom Line: A cheap, mentally easy way to secure your valuables in a locker. The design is unique and easy to find among all dial locks hanging from lockers in your gym.

7 comments:

Kona Shelley said...

Very cool!!! I gotta get one!!

bunnygirl said...

What a cool idea! Thanks for telling us about it!

Flatman said...

I am buying one of these tonight on the way home!

Thanks for the heads up, buddy!

Cliff said...

CMS,

Great lock..

4 more days for No Limits training.. :)...

Past two days, it feels like I have drop a bit...(even though I did my long run)..but still going strong....almost there.

Keryn said...

Very cool...a few weeks ago, I stood naked in front of my locker fumbling with my lock for something like 15 minutes. I am going to buy one of these...just for the sheer enjoyment of being able to get dressed right after I finish a shower at the gym!

Nancy Toby said...

Woo, great find! I would love that! I have a terrible memory for numbers, always have.

Robin said...

cool...thanks for sharing & posting!