Thursday, February 9, 2006

No Limits Day 20

The half way point in the No Limits program. How many of you who started are still involved? I sure am. Its taken some interesting turns, but for the most part I am getting in some great training.

In my last post, The Pool Is Open, I mentioned we were heading out to Canyon Lake for our first swim of the year. Holy Crap it was cold. 52 degrees. As the water seeped in through the back zipper it took your breath away but was not real bad. Putting the face in the water... now that was cold. The three of us; myself, John and the Good Doctor all had to stop and get our faces out of the water every ten or twenty strokes for the first hundred yards. By then either our faces were numb or we got used to the water because then we swam to the next buoy, caught up with each other and then swam non-stop back to the gear.

It was 30 minutes in the water at 52 degrees. I would guess it was about 500 yards, maybe a bit less, I know I was swimming a little slow because of the cold and having to remember to lift my head up to tack, and also compensate for the gloves and socks that filled with water and made tactical feel of the water a bit strange the first time out. Thank God it was mid 70's when we got out to change.

We three beat it out of the canyon to the Waffle House and each had some strong coffee to warm up completely and head home.

Hooyah! No Limits continues...

No comments: