Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The end of No Limits?

Well I challenged myself to train without limits for 39 days and asked you to come along for the ride.

It wasn't all roses and chocolates, very few of either now that I think about it, but a successful jump start to my 2006 season. I got in some epic training, the ulitmate Epic Training Weekend coming up in just a few short days to act as a peak for the six weeks of hard work. But I don't want to cheat myself of a great post later this week so lets just table the ETW for a few days.

I certainly found out some important information about myself to help me reach new levels of training success. I am NOT lactose intolerant or gluten intolerant, though I still have an undiagnosed condition that gives me almost daily stomach discomfort.

I can sit in the saddle for almost 7 hours and over 100 miles and not develop saddle sores or chaffing and be confident that after a few minutes I can run. I also found out that I need better hydration and nutrition discipline for those distances.

I also found out that I have a serious dislike for bike training in temperatures less than 40 degrees but I can swim in 52 degrees with a wetsuit.

Well thanks for coming along for the No Limits Challenge. If you didn't do it but want to challenge yourself starting today, let me know, let everyone know and we will give you encouragement.

5 comments:

Flatman said...

I actually started a new challenge for myself...started it today. You can read about it later today on my site. There is a sneak peek on my sidebar... :)

Great job on the no limits. I can tell you are getting stronger just from your attitude. You are going to give that Florida course some major hell!

Oldman said...

why stop now you're on a roll!

IMmike said...

Great to hear things are still going well. I'm looking forward to reading about your weekend.

We really do learn a lot about ourselves during these big training periods.

mipper said...

this is just awesome Comm. as usual, you grabbed the bull by the horns and flipped that sucker over. great job!

Nytro said...

so your stomach problem... have you considered IBS?