Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Systems Go

Productive phone call Tuesday with the Seattle doctors. I have been given a Green Light for all things fun, or in this case exercise. And I have an action plan for the next few months from them. To begin with I can swim and use weights. I can bike and I can run. I have to self-monitor (uh-oh) and gradually build back up. Nothing long yet. I can go to altitude.

I am being sent a couple of test kits. I need to see some other doctors down here for specific exams. They want me to eventually come up and while there do a lactate threshold and resting metabolic test with a power to weight ratio thrown in. I said I can do that here no problem.

We talked about training volume and nutrition and different scenarios I can look into down here to help me out.

I asked if there was any conditions I need to place on my training and he was pretty straightforward, nothing to hard. He has a client on the Slipstream cycling team that has a similar condition to me and is now doing very well but it was a process.

I am ready for my next big adventure...I just gotta find my running shoes.

19 comments:

Spokane Al said...

You mentioned that you "can go to altitude." I suspect that you can also go very well with attitude.

Listen to the body and the medical people. I want to keep reading your stuff for a long, long, long time.

Jenny Davidson said...

Good news--but yes, please be more cautious than your temperament inclines you to be! For instance, might be a good time to work on swim technique?!?

LBTEPA said...

Oh no! They are letting you self monitor???
(just teasing)
that's excellent news, how happy you must be :)

J~Mom said...

Excellent news!!!

Jen_runs said...

Woohoo!! That's wonderful new Comms. Enjoy - I know you will :-)

Wendy said...

That's great Comm's! Err on the side of caution though, as "not too hard" definitely means different things to different people!

Mommymeepa said...

Happy for you. Just be careful, ya hear? :-)

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

woo hoo! Except yeah - rein it in buddy. I know I get frustrated with working on technique because it is slow. But perhaps maybe, now is the time to do that - make it all about the technique. Work on glide, work on pedal stroke, work on slow. In the process, I would bet you get a better connection with your body in general.

we can build it, better, faster, stronger, etc.

tarheeltri said...

Great news! Not even Rhabdo can keep a good man down!

21stCenturyMom said...

Congratulations on getting your 'Get Out of Jail' card!

You do have a way of bouncing back, don't you!

I have every confidence that you will rein it in and be careful.

stronger said...

Sanity returns to the Mann household...

Lana said...

Wonderful news, Comm!!!

Laurie said...

Yay!

But be careful when Mo yells mush! ;)

M said...

WOO HOOO!!! That's is fantastic news! I am so happy for you!

momo said...

awesome, comm. i know this time you're going to take the conservative approach to starting over, right?? ;-)

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

OMG Comm, this is the best news EVER!!

I am SO happy for you :-) We'll have to have a post IMCDA ride or something :-)

Tri-Angle said...

Is it Romans or Hebrew Comm?


Slow and steady wins the race.....

Good news my brother

Nytro said...

awesome! so excited for you!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear the news!!!