Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ear to Ear

I have a pretty good disposition. I am a hopeful person. I am also pretty sarcastic and I know it doesn't translate very well through a keyboard. I would rather talk face to face than anything else. So for those that I don't correspond with very much, please read my posts with a little bit of incredulity, a sense of the wry and bit of a smirk. Even with the stuff that is not so pleasant.

I realize all my writings of being banned from exercise or exertion, my descriptions of odd pains and medical results showing failed organs is pretty grim. If I didn't believe that I could rise above, then I would probably have never risen above any of the life changing, or life threating, obstacles that I have faced in my past. Oh trust me, I have some serious issues with being to optimistic, Mistress knows that all to well, but overall HOPE is a powerful thing for me.

Last Friday I had another set of labs done and today I got my results. My liver and kidney functions looked normal. YEAH. I am still dealing with some personal issues from those complications a month ago but according to the labs, blood is clean and organs working.

After the episodes Saturday and Sunday with the pain, Mistress sent me to the doc's this morning. My doctor, rolled her eyes when I mentioned yard work and effort over the weekend and after another haranguing, she ordered up a set of labs to check my CPK and renal functions. The area I described is right around my liver and she wants to see if the Rhabdo came back. It could be a lot of things. Like lifting some damn heavy and awkward concrete pieces in a deconditioned state. (I know, I know, preaching to a choir with your admonishments)

So good news. Kidney, liver and blood work on Friday looked normal. If the results from today come back good, I'd like to think I have stabilized and after a another week or so my doctors will move to Phase Two of this life plan. I doubt Phase Two will include much exercise either.

I have no idea how many phases this may take or if they are even phases at all, but when I ran missions in the Army, phase lines were imaginary lines on a map between where you started and where your objective was along the avenue of advance. The unit would reach a pre-named phase line and call the Brass with their status, "Hey You, this is Me, at Tango (phase line), Charlie Mike (continuing mission), Out." If they needed you to slow down, hurry up, or do something else, then you would get at call back, otherwise...

...Charlie Mike.

6 comments:

bunnygirl said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news on your lab work! Keep taking it easy and get better!

21stCenturyMom said...

Charlie Mike to you! Glad to hear your labs are normal. You do have a way of bouncing back.

Mommymeepa said...

Keep on Keepin' on and do what you need to to get better even if it sucks in the process.

Hang in there, Melissa

Fe-lady said...

Carry on soldier...glad the news is good!

Brent Buckner said...

Good plan - hope execution proceeds well!

Bolder said...

charlie mike