Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Feeling it

I am so sorry that I have to bore my fantastic readers with thoughts instead of action. The lack of exercise in my life this last month, has truly felt like I am missing a body part. However, as a Common Man, I am sure restarting any activity will take supreme effort. Why is it always easier to stop than start?

Have I become a curmudgeon? This last week I have taken to boycotting my local Fox affiliate on tv. I simply can not take another news segment, live feed from the carpet, endless commercials or teasers regarding American Idol.

Season finales have been rolling out and last week I watched CSI (Vegas). A key character since the first episode was murdered making it a great season finale and a compelling opener for next season. While thinking about it over the weekend, I applauded the show for such a drastic move after another main character left the series mid season. I liked it because it was real. Not the murder part but the fact that we seldom work with the same people for years and years due to things like promotion, firings, transfers and other life issues. Its why I have always liked the show ER, anyone remember that Anthony Edwards and George Clooney started that show?

Last night Mistress was watching the finales of her two shows, Bones and House, and while I caught only the ends of each one, a main character from each show died or was removed from the show in a terrible way. Now I see the pattern of this year. Death sells.

If only Idol could do the same.

To stay active without exertion for the last two weeks I have been doing a little bit of home improvement every night. I got pretty far behind during IM training. This morning I woke up and my legs were actually tight. When I woke up I thought, "Did I finally run in my sleep!??!" Alas no my fantasy was not filled, it was the yard work from last night. But man that felt good to have that feeling back in my legs, even if it was from just edging my yard.

3 comments:

Fumo Santo said...

I hear ya regarding Fox. We try and watch the news at 9:00, but 1/2 of the broadcast are teasers to what is coming up at 10:00; or in other words, a waste of my time.

Fox may have one redeeming quality with an upcoming show called Fringe, created by Lost guru JJ Abrams (looks like a cross between X Files and Lost). But alas, we'll have to wait for fall to find out.

Angela's Kitchen said...

"If only Idol could do the same"


LOVE IT!

I've tried watching shows like that (Idol). Boring!

Lana said...

Comm - I just got caught up on your blog - I'm so glad you are feeling better - even if you haven't run in your sleep yet!

Keep CM'ing!!