Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shameless Corporate Plug

This is a video loop we're running in the my clubs to promote our new model of fitness training called High Intensity Functional Training. Lookie here, I don't get involved to much in the details, we hire people to handle all that, my goal is just to show off the clubs and equipment and really the people that make our company tick. I am in maybe one second of the video in the background, proving my theory that I am a cross between Quasimodo and the Elephant Man. If anyone wants the workout, let me know.

5 comments:

Dave M said...

Yeah, that's the way to do deadlifts - as fast as you can with a rounded back... Actually it's the easiest way to blow a disc.

Tyger Lily said...

Happy Belated Birthday fellow Leo! Sorry I missed it. I will shamelessly plug the fact that my birthday is the 8th!

Hope you have a great one and WOW, that workout looks AWESOME!

J~Mom said...

Looks intense! So do you work with a trainer or follow a plan each time?

21stCenturyMom said...

Looks a bit like Crossfit which is all the rage. I'd love the workout, please.

stronger said...

That's awesome that your company is promoting the best program out there!

If you are familiar with Crossfit, the pulls ups aren't so crazy. It's call a kipping pull-up (which is a different technique where you actually swing your body and use the momentum for power and conditioning vs. just strength). However, compared to Crossfit, it looks like those guys need to slow it down to get more full range of motion of the pull up.

As the bossman, you might want to point out that some of those guys need to take it down a notch. Form first, then speed.

The snatch form looked to be inviting injury.