Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Retreat!

Just so you know, in the Army, 'retreat' is the ceremony that defines the end of the work day and the lowering of the flag, usually accompanied by music. There are other terms used to describe the common perception of retreat defined as, "a withdrawal of troops to a more favorable position to escape the enemy's superior forces."

No, I am talking about a business retreat. I am leaving this morning for eastern Washington to stay at a private golf resort. There will be about four hours of meetings and then the rest of the day to do whatever fitness professionals do. In this case I have packed my helmet, my HR monitor, my running shoes and my goggles. I plan on getting in some solid hours of uninterrupted exercise in favorable climate conditions without work or family commitments.

Today is also the birthday of my lovely Mistress. Its a decade changer, you can do the math. Mighty Mo and I made an indoor picnic for her last weekend and the desert was Strawberry shortcakes. She was very happy. I gave her the new Stephanie Meyers book in her vampire line, and Mighty Mo gave her a deck of cards to play War, his new favorite game.

Happy Birthday Babe.

5 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Happy birthday to Mistress!

She has a birthday, but you get the retreat =>
no fair!
:-D

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy Birthday to Mistress. I second Brent's sentiments. Enjoy the cool air.

Flatman said...

Tell your lovely wife the Flatman says Happy Birthday. :)

tarheeltri said...

Birthday wishes to the Mistress from the Tridaddy crew!

Mommymeepa said...

Happy Birthday Mistress.

Here are some birthday haikus for you. Remember the first line is 5 syllables, then 7, then 5 again.

Today is your day
Enjoy it to the fullest
You deserve it YEAH!!

You are a great wife
and an awesome mommy too
Keep up the good work!!

These greetings are late
I hope they make you smile
Happy Birthday!! Wow!!

Another Decade?
That is totally awesome!!
Here's to your health!! Cheers!!