Friday, August 8, 2008

Hey..Oh...Were'd the week go?

Geesh, I would have thought this was Thursday. Man this week went by fast.

Had a great OW 850 yard swim last night. I took it slow. Sighting was for crap. Guess that happens when you don't practice the skill. I looked up once to see I was a good 30 yards off track. HaHa. Classic. Murpy's Law had to state that my goggles would be scratched and fogged up and the buoy in shadows so I could not see where my target was.

Next week I am going to a small rural town in Washington State (Cle Elum) for a business retreat with my company. Most of us are staying at my partners 'cabin' (its like 5,000 sq ft) and I am staying with another partner in a condo at the private resort the cabin is located in. I actually prefer that arrangement as the few hours we meet each day are right there in a meeting room, as is the pool and gym. I heard we can rent bikes and hoping their of the mountain variety.

I know this is telling on myself, but I have had thoughts of pulling some safety tabs on my training limits. I know, I know, not a smart thing to do. I will fight it as best I can. But it is not often I get the opportunity to run in a lush green forest.

5 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Seems better to take the opportunity to walk in lush green forest now. That way you'll overall have more opportunities to run in lush green forest later.

J~Mom said...

When will you guys switch back to BJC? Hopefully I will see you out there sometime soon!

Wendy said...

What my brother said!

White Salamander said...

where are you doing your OW swims? Tempe Town Lake?, Roosevelt?

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

So jealous. Enjoy the Pacific Northwest!