Monday, January 7, 2008

Rarity

I stayed up late reading a book. I chastised myself and closed it at midnight knowing that morning would come too soon for me to get good sleep.

I woke up about thirty minutes before usual on a Monday. It was natural and I felt completely rested. In fact I felt nothing. No shoulder pain. No hip or back pain. No cramped or tired legs. No bruised foot. A morning where it felt great to be in bed and no shifting for comfort.

It was beautiful. For thirty minutes I visualized myself in a zen like state, living in the now. A fine tuned triathlete full of energy and without the itinerate pains associated with the hard work to get it.

A rare and wonderful morning.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

On occasion, staying up to read is a very good thing.

Flabbyironman said...

Yeah, just like having a good meal every once in a while shouldn't make you feel guilty, staying up reading should be an ok thing too.

Staying up late on the internet? not so much...

heh

Taconite Boy said...

and then you woke up??
:)

Take care of my Girl