Thursday, January 3, 2008

Mighty Mo Update

Mighty Mo is doing well. He went back to the doctors Monday and they put him on three weeks of antibiotics since the last two weeks didn't get rid of everything. He also got a bunch of CT scans and X-rays to see inside him. The tech was very cool and showed the photo's to him and he thought he had dinosaur bones inside him. So now he thinks he is a dinosaur again.

We got him a Smart Cycle for Christmas. Pretty cool gift. Its a stationary bike for kids and you have video cartridges you insert for games. The whole thing plugs into the A/V inserts of the television. And when you have a big ass 57" man-size DLP like I do, it's pretty much in your face. Of course because he thinks he is part dinosaur now, he prefers that game and as he talks to the characters he calls them "brother". "I'll save you brother!"




What kid can't be excited about gifts. Mo took great pride in his toys. He and I watch Justice League/ Batman/ Superman cartoons every day so most of his gifts were action figures.


Because he has been under the weather, and school has been out, he has been lounging quite a bit to get healthy. Here is his daily attire. Warm police car slippers, Spiderman jammies and his 'silky' an Asian robe my dad picked up in Korea.

I hammered my legs on a 12 mile run yesterday. Some hills, lots of wind. Even with the warm up and waiting for lights I busted under 2 hours. Which puts me in a good place mentally to go under 2 at PF Changs half next weekend. I have been unhappy with my running the last few month. My solo training runs are 9:30 pace +/- :30 seconds. Into the mid 10's on longer stuff.

Which isn't bad, but I am crushing the miles right now and most of my training partners are not. So when we get together I am always on tired legs and they haven't worked out in several days. I don't mind managing a 8:30 pace with them for a ten-miler but when I am running on legs that have biked 100 miles in the last 24 hours and they have not, well I fall apart and behind a lot faster which regardless of hours logged, right then it feels uncool.

I really look forward to a race with a taper and peak.










4 comments:

stronger said...

The stationary bike is awesome and looks way more cool than my bike on the trainer- lucky guy!

Wendy said...

He's a real dinaMo (!!!) who looks very dapper in his lounging duds! Hopefully he'll feel ideal in no time.

Bigun said...

I'm with ya, bro! Good luck with PF's, and keep at it! Happy New Year...and the only "Man Size" DLP is 62", btw....

21stCenturyMom said...

I love it that he calles the charactars brother - so funny.

He's looking like a chip off the old block.

I hope you go into PF Changs on rested legs - you'll do great!