Monday, January 7, 2008

Peak-A-Boo

For the last few days I have been peaking. Not sure why since my training has been stable in effort and hours over the long holidays. Monday's swim was at a speed and ability that far surpasses my normal efforts. It felt almost normal to swim at speeds 10% faster than my established T-pace (I'll let IronPol explain). My Sunday ride on the IMAZ course is by far the fastest I have ever ridden that loop with a speed three miles per hour faster than my average on that course for that distance.

I haven't really felt a peak in a long time. I live in the realm of exhaustion more than rested. Even my races in 2007, especially Ironman with the viral infection, I was nowhere near peak physical conditioning physically or mentally.

I am hoping it bodes well for PF Chang's this weekend. I am returning to the half mary distance looking for a sub two hour time. I have done it or very close to it in training for the last couple of months, every couple of weeks. It's just a matter of putting it all together, mixing in some good weather and on the course magic. This is the first real 'race' of the season for me though I already have bibs & medals for a marathon and a 109 mile cycling race in the last two months.

For those inquiring, the forecast is 44*/65* on race day and sunny. It will be like that all week through the race.

4 comments:

bunnygirl said...

They're predicting similar weather here for the Houston Marathon.

Sub-two should be no problem for your half, since you'll be racing in the same climate and terrain you train in.

Wendy said...

Go Comm's!!!!!

momo said...

hey, comm! i'll be doing the 1/2 too. hopefully we can catch up!

Laurie said...

Saw your result, well done buddy!